Total Pageviews

Diggin' For Gold?

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Agalloch

With the epic failure of the last post as well as the newly released "Best of" put out by these guys, I bring you Agalloch! Agalloch play avant-garde progressive folk post black metal doom and that's just as stupid as it sounds. However, it sounds awesome regardless of whatever nifty name you give it. They definitely have talent and it has substantially increased with each record. They've only had 3 official full lengths and a ton of splits, demos, and ep's. Out of all the albums I'd have to say that The Mantle and Ashes Against The Grain are my favorite... but I'd say I listen to Ashes Against The Grain a whole lot more. So you be the judge because I'm posting both epic albums. Now this isn't your typical black metal.... they aren't Immortal or Darkthrone. They play a more instrumental based type of prog-rock with black metal vocals (at times) as well as clean vocals. The music itself will give you a feeling of cold frostbitten despair right off buck. I'm serious, listen to "Limbs" off of Ashes Against The Grain and within the first 30 seconds a chill runs down your spine... and believe it or not, this band is from Oregon.

2002 - "The Mantle"

















01 - A Celebration For The Death of Man...
02 - In The Shadow of Our Pale Companion
03 - Odal
04 - I Am The Wooden Doors
05 - The Lodge
06 - You Were But A Ghost In My Arms
07 - The Hawthorne Passage
08 - ...And The Great Cold Death of The Earth
09 - A Desolation Song


DOWNLOAD


2006 - "Ashes Against The Grain"

















01 - Limbs
02 - Falling Snow
03 - This White Mountain On Which You Will Die
04 - Fire Above, Ice Below
05 - Not Unlike The Waves
06 - Our Fortress Is Burning... I
07 - Our Fortress Is Burning... II - Bloodbirds
08 - Our Fortress Is Burning... III - The Grain


DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment